Notice from Dorset Police
We have received some information that there is possibly an illegal rave planned for this weekend. This is possibly happening in the South West Region, so could be planned in the Dorset Area. We would like to reiterate that this information is not confirmed but if local community members have heard anything about a possible rave this weekend, or have any information relating to this please, make contact with us on 101 quoting occurrence 55230051716. 24/7.
If you witness any signs of possible large gatherings linking to a possible rave this weekend, please call us ASAP. Local community members can also help us by being our eyes and ears and report any of the following signs in their local area:
• An unusual increase in road traffic in rural areas
• Social media activity advertising the rave and its location
• Vehicles carrying sound equipment
• Large gatherings of people in unusual areas (for example farmland, open countryside or abandoned buildings) late at night.
Advice for local farmers and landowners
We would like to encourage our local communities, including farmers and landowners, to take proactive and pre-emptive measures to help target harden their land and open spaces and secure their property to make it an unattractive option for organisers.
To reduce the risk of unauthorised occupation of your land consider the following:
• Check perimeter fencing/hedges to ensure there are no gaps or easy access points.
• Consider restricting the number of gates on your land by using large tree trunks, rocks, ditching and earth mounds to prevent access.
• Restrict vehicle access by digging deep ditches.
• Speak to neighbouring properties and ask them to call the Police straight away if they see anything suspicious.
• Consider cutting off electricity to barns and outbuildings.
If you are a land owner or part of our farming / rural communities, you can also find a range of rural advice on our website.